7.13.2012

Picnic Perfect


Tomorrow night I will be at Tanglewood with friends for the 75th Gala Concert with performances by James Taylor, Yo Yo Ma and many other crazy talented musicians. 

Tanglewood from the lawn


While we have great seats for the concert, we will be picnicking on the grass for dinner (a Tanglewood tradition). Here are some stylish picnic picks that I would love to take with me.

A retro chic picnic BASKET

Paper plates get an upgrade with these melamine DISHES


Stylish CANDLELIGHT


For summer entertaining I use these acrylic GLASSES all the time and so does Dixie. You truly can not tell they are plastic until you touch them. Perfect for a picnic!




Wondering what to serve? 

How clever to put crudite and dip together in a baguette! 


Mason jars are all the rage for outdoor dining. They are perfect for picnics like this QUINOA SALAD.


Potato SALAD with Creme Fraiche


Curried Chicken SALAD


Chocolate Mousse RECIPE


For summer sips I love Sofia Copola Rose and Sparkling Wine





Photos: Rest and Recovery Tumbler, Holly Leddingham, Emily Carpenter, New York Emmaline Bride

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous post and I am sooo jealous! We were in Tanglewood years ago and were serenaded by Yo Yo Ma and it was heaven, plus we did the whole picnic thing and got so lucky with the weather...it was a night to remember!! Lucky you....LOVE all your wonderful ideas for a super sophisticated picnic. I have those same glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous! Love the vest for life that is always shown in your posts! Hope your unmet is going well. I am in total Hamptons happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am bookmarking this post. So much gorgeousness. Lucky you to listen to James Taylor. One of my all-time favorites.
    Happy Monday.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete