9.29.2010

Flowers on a Budget


Last weekend I was in Boothbay Harbor, Maine with fun folks to celebrate a milestone birthday for one of my dearest friends. She asked me to make a centerpiece for the birthday dinner table and that the color scheme was pink and orange. 


I went to WILSON FARM, but you can go to Whole Foods to get a huge assortment of fresh cut flowers to make your own party arrangements. It is SO affordable and the end result is stunning. Be sure to mix textures to add interest to the arrangement.


The base is a milk glass compote that I got at a tag sale for $7. I found a similar one (below) for $14 HERE. I then take a piece of floral foam, cut it to size, soak it in water and get to work.




2 comments:

  1. Love the flowers...and the vessel too!

    E + J

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! You are as talented with flowers as you are with words!

    ReplyDelete